Saturday, March 20, 2010

I Feel So Powerless, What Can I Do?

Well, as I sit here this Saturday evening, we are on the eve of the United
States House of Representatives taking a vote on one of the most radical
things I've seen in my life time, reform or should I say Government
take-over of our nation's health care system. As I listen to bits and
pieces of news about this, I feel powerless because I don't know what I as
an American who values freedom and who believes strongly in the principles
this nation was founded on can do to stop this.

While I believe there are reforms that must be made in our nation's health
care system, I don't like the approach being taken by Congress and President
Obama. Nor do I like the strong arm tactics and dirty tricks being used to
try and ram this piece of shit down our collective throats. But, what can I
do? I am represented by a Republican Congressperson who, thankfully, is
going to oppose this legislation. I don't want this legislation to pass. I
want smaller, more common sense steps to be taken to reform health care that
won't lead to higher taxes, job loss and a huge expansion of Government.
But as I sit here tonight, all I feel I can do is wait and pray that members
of Congress will act in a sensible manner, kill this massive bill that none
of them have read and move toward common sense reforms.

Please, god, give our Congress and its leaders the wisdom to truly act on
behalf of the American people, who favor reform but who do not favor the
current bill. Give them strength to stand up to high pressure tactics and
bribery and say no to this bill. Give them the time and help they need to
craft common sense health care reforms that are constitutional and that most
Americans will support. I fear for our great nation if this massive
expansion of Government passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment