Saturday, March 20, 2010

I'm Sick Of Hearing About The God Damn Census

I've been spending the last couple days doing something I really enjoy each
year, watching the firswt two rounds of the NCAA Basketball Tournament. And
as a result of that, I'm sick and tired of hearing about the Census.

The commercials for it are so hypocritical, it makes me sick. Here they
have all sorts of people saying how important filling out the census form is
because we need to count everyone so each community gets its share of
Federal funds. Well if it were really important to count everyone, the
Census Bureau wouldn't continue to violate the law and would make the Census
truly accessible to people with disabilities. I have heard that Census
workers are telling people like me who are blind who call in on the
telephone number that is supposed to be for getting help filling out the
form that you need the Serial Number off the printed form that you receive
before they can help you. Hey idiots, I'm calling for help because I can't
read the printed form. What's that all about?

Why can't the Census be done on-line which would make it accessible to more
people. I thought our Government was supposed to be more progressive.
Wouldn't it be good not only for people with disabilities, but also for
younger people to reach them in a form they work with, the Internet?

What a waste of money the Census is. Why did the Federal Government have to
send me a letter on March 8, teling me they'd send the Census form out a
week later? Only the Federal Government would send you a letter teling you
they are going to send you a letter.

The Census form doesn't even ask about disability, which makes me wonder
just how serious they are about counting everyone. Boy, they sure want to
make sure the illegal immigrants, who don't even belong here are counted,
but they don't seem as concerned about counting people with disabilities who
are American citizens.

I'll fill out the damn form because I don't want some underpaid Census
worker puke coming to my house to take the information. But by 2020, the
process better be more accessible. And, yes, I'll do it, so there's no need
to continue to bombard me with hypocritical ads about how important the
Census is.

No comments:

Post a Comment