Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Future

Today, July 7, I got to take a look at part of the future for our
great nation, and it's in our young people. That was evident to
me today as I helped to honor the scholarship winners of the
American Council of the Blind.

Some 20 to 25 people were honored today. These are people that
are working on achieving great academic success in school. They
are people who are blind or visually impaired who are accepting
the challenge laid out to be the best they can be.

As I sat there today at the ACB convention and heard these fine
people accept their awards, I thought as I always do that the
future is a bright one. All of us who have been around for a
while need to help our young people. This can be done through
scholarship programs like we saw today, mentoring of these fine
people, and recruiting them into our state affiliates. We need
the strength and mostly, the enthusiasm of these people. They
will set the direction for our country and for our world. I am
so happy to be in ACB, an organization which takes the time
during its most important event of the year, the ACB convention
to recognize these people. Good luck to all of today's ACB
scholarship winners and may you do great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment