Friday, July 10, 2009

It's Sad When You Can't Award something Deserving to someone While They are Alive

Tonight, I was honored to accept an award from the American
Council of the Blind on behalf of someone from my home state of
Illinois who did a lot for access ! books and the written word
for people who are blind. While I was honored to do this, I was
saddened that this person could not have been honored while he
was still alive and that instead, this well-deserved honor is
being presented posthumously.

While I am saddened that this person could not have been honored
while alive, I am comforted by the realization that this person's
family realizes what a special award this is and is prepared to
accept it in his memory. I guess it's like a lot of things.
While you can never bring back someone or some thing, know one
can take away the memories or in this case, the good work this
person did.

No comments:

Post a Comment